FPL, FanTeam

3 weeks ago

FanTeam Million Captain Power Rankings [GW7]

Nailing the captaincy in any given gameweek will almost always leave you on a green arrow, but choosing the right captain is not always straightforward. For me, this gameweek has two popular standout options that we should all be considering. However, for those feeling in the mood for more of a differential captaincy punt, there are a couple of fantastic options available in this weekend’s FanTeam slates and EPL One Million Game.

 

RONALDO (£11.5M) vs EVE (H)

Captaincy Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Phase two of Man Utd 'masterplan' to pair Ronaldo with fearsome partner

Three goals in three Premier League games, 5 in 5 if we include the two Champions League matches. Despite United being pretty flat of late, it’s evident that Ronaldo remains a constant threat at all times, as seen against Villarreal this midweek. Following a disappointing gameweek 6 blank vs Aston Villa at home, those who put trust in the Portuguese maestro will be brave to go in again, especially given that United are the early kick-off once again. But make no doubt about it, 45% owned Ronaldo is a solid captaincy option this weekend. Over the last three gameweeks, he’s had more shots than any other player (17) and 5 big chances, only bettered by the in-form Mo Salah. The bookies give United a 65% chance of winning against Everton and a 35% chance of scoring more than two goals. 

 

LUKAKU (£10.6M) vs SOU (H)

Gameweek 7 Monster Price: £14.0M

Captaincy Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Watch: Lukaku says Chelsea goal was 'for sure' his 'highest' career moment  - Planet Football

Just two league goals so far this season, but Chelsea’s fixtures turn for the better as of this weekend and with that, I project that Lukaku will be a popular transfer IN as well as a popular captaincy pick for gameweek. This is echoed in a captaincy poll launched on DraftGym’s Twitter page where 50% of voters said they’ll be putting the armband on the big Belgian. Defensively, Southampton have had a decent start to their campaign, conceding only 7 goals, 73 shots (7th) and 12 big chances (13th) but Chelsea, with home advantage, will want to put the wrongs of Man City and Juventus right as they aim to get back to winning ways. Lukaku is the spearhead in their attack; the bookies give Chelsea a 77% (1st) chance of winning against Southampton and a 39% (1st) of scoring more than two goals. 

Read more: Tips for Fanteam's Weekly Monster [GW7]

ANTONIO (£7.7M) vs BRE (H)

Gameweek 7 Monster Price: £11.0M

Captaincy Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Goals: Leeds United 1-2 West Ham United | West Ham United

Five goals, four assists in five games from The Hammers attacking powerhouse, his persistence and determination showed once more in gameweek 5 where his last-minute goal rewarded West Ham with all three points at Elland Road. Despite playing a game less than most other attacking options in the league, Antonio’s stats continue to impress: Antonio has 25 shots (1st), 21 shots inside the opposition box (2nd), 4.75 xG (2nd) and 2.72 xA (2nd).

Antonio sits on 39.9 points (4th) averaging 7.98 points per game as he goes up against a Brentford team that have impressed in their debut Premier League season. That said, The Bees conceded three goals against a pacey Liverpool attack in gameweek 5, I really fancy Antonio to reward his 55% of owners with another couple of returns this weekend.

 

VARDY (£9.5M) vs CRY (A)

Gameweek 7 Monster Price: £9.7M

Captaincy Rating: ⭐⭐

Jamie Vardy scores own goal but fires double to rescue Leicester pointWith just 13% ownership, Jamie Vardy is quietly sliding under the radar whilst going about his usual business. The Foxes striker has five goals and an assist in his opening six games of the season including a brace in gameweek 5. Whilst Leicester have been extremely disappointing in the initial stages of the season, Vardy’s returns are impressive and he sits as the eighth-highest scoring player in the game with 37.9 points, averaging 6.32 points per game. It’s certainly not an easy game for Leicester as they travel to Selhurst Park but as we’ve seen time and time again, Vardy can get a goal against anybody.

 

SARR (£6.2M) vs LEE (A)

Gameweek 7 Monster Price: £7.4M

Captaincy Rating: ⭐⭐

NMA Scouting Report: Watford FC - Never Manage Alone

Three goals in the last two gameweeks for Watford’s talisman, he’s in good form and offers managers looking for a differential captaincy something to consider. Sarr will come up against a makeshift Leeds defence in gameweek 5. A defence that have conceded 14 goals (19th), 112 shots (20th), 73 shots inside the box (20th) and 15 big chances (18th), Leeds have arguably the worst defence in the Premier League right now. Sarr meanwhile sits comfortably as the third-highest scoring player in the entire game on 40.5 points, bettered only by Liverpool premium assets Mo Salah and Sadio Mane. Could he be a genuinely good differential punt this week?

Read more: FanTeam Debate: Ronaldo or Lukaku?

CONCLUSION

Whilst Sarr and Vardy offer us differential captaincy options, I feel the better and more popular options lay with Ronaldo, Lukaku and Antonio in gameweek 7. Those who captained Ronaldo against Aston Villa last week will need to put the disappointment of a captaincy blank behind them if they are to trust him with the armband once more, meanwhile, Antonio continues to shine as the best ‘in form’ captaincy asset this week. However, I can’t help but agree with the Twitter community in thinking that Lukaku is this week’s best captaincy option as Tuchel’s men host Southampton on Saturday afternoon.

Whoever you decide to trust with your gameweek 7 armband, buckle yourself in tight, it's likely to be another rollercoaster of a gameweek! Good Luck!

Results of our GW7 Captaincy Twitter Poll:

RONALDO –  31%

LUKAKU –  50%

ANTONIO –  11%

OTHER –  8%

FPL_Corf
Author

FPL_Corf

Cardiff City fan with a soft spot for Manchester United! An FPL enthusiast with 4x top 100k in the last 4 seasons including 5k in 20/21. Also playing SkyFF, FanTeamMillion and GAFFR. You can find me on Twitter if you have any questions! Would love to hear from you! - @CORF_FPL

Comments